Tuesday, September 16, 2008













Hi
So wow have we been busy. Starting to meet more and more people and with that comes more and more things to do and see. I am having alot of fun with my new friend...I mean my associate (is that better AJ?)She has a pretty thick Greek accent, so its been alot of fun making fun of her. For me not so sure how fun it is for her. She told me the other day she needed to go get a "humper" umm...I'm sorry a what? I told her I didn't know her well enough to help her with that!! Then she explained it was to put dirty clothes in! Oh a "hamper". Still makes me giggle. The funny thing is the Thai people understand her better.
The mister took the boys to the USS Lincoln for a tour. They had a great time. Paul took great pictures. They were exhausted by the end of the day. They left at 9:30 and got back at 5PM. Just the way I like them. Sunday we spent the day at home. Doing boring stuff as the boys would put it.
While the boys were on their tour I went to an Expat fair at Bumrungrad hospital. The hospital is located right across the street from our Condo. Very convenient.
We had a great time. They had over 70 vendors there with lots of info for us about living in Thailand. They also had a Thai craft show there as well. Beautiful handmade crafts from the people in villages all over Thailand. I will be going again October 4th if anyone has anything they want me to look for. Jordan is also going to volunteer and the fair to earn community service hours. They have to help run the registers and bag the stuff up. He needs 10 hours mandatory a year to graduate. I am hoping he will do more. He wants to work at the orphanage near his school also. They have one with just babies and they like the kids to come and interact with them to socialize them. I am thinking it would also be good birth control!! A couple of hours screaming babies might make him make better choices later....I know I am always thinking!
This week I will be off touring other parts of the city with my new associates. (A)
I went to a coffee on Monday morning and met alot of other women through the American Women's Club. Great ladies. Shocked that I did not drink coffee coming from Seattle. Its a 110 degrees here I don't think I will start here either. They gave Joy and I a list of things to go and check out this week.
Tomorrow I am going to get a manicure. The Mister paid for a Spa place for me as gift to me for following him half way around the world and I have only used it once. Its a very nice place and very clean.
I wanted to thank everyone that has sent our family care packages and special requests. We love getting boxes filled with stuff we miss from home. So Thank you mom and dad, Mindy Pindy, AJ, Wendy and Aunt Gayle. It means a lot to us and the boys really appreciate it. Some things are very hard to get here and I really appreciate everyone helping us adjust. Our maid and I have a special hiding place for all the candy and when its really needed she knows when to bring it out for them. She is a health nut. I explained to her some of the stuff was for just me....the peanut butter cups AJ sent...my favs and she hid them from me and told me I could have one a day. Umm there really small and she doesn't know I can turn on the water works to get my way. Condo is not that big I find them eventually! Ok well I hope you enjoy the pictures. Yes my plant is still alive!! I know right I am so amazing in Thailand.
Oh I almost forgot the most important bit of info....Called GSO today to check the status of our shipment and they confirmed its here!! Woo Hoo... doing the happy dance. They said it should only take 5-7 days to get it cleared and sent up here. So maybe they can deliver next Monday she said. I think she could hear the desperation in my voice. If not next Monday the boys and I are going to stage our own protest at GSO!! They thought 100,000 protesters downtown were a problem wait until the hear what we have to say!! No xbox for 3 months are they kidding me!! We have issues.
Later Taters M

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you should finally be getting your stuff. Did it take long enough? What on earth did the boys do without xbox? D.T. just got Guitar Hero 1 &2 for more practice...very retro! Miss you guys! Sheila

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am hoping that you have your boxes now and are busily unpacking them. Otherwise, I will be watching for news reports about the American blonde woman going crazy and causing a civil disturbance.

Got a question for you: Since Thailand is so much closer to Japan that the US, does that mean you guys have any kind of inside track on those Bakugon guys? They are flying off the shelves and impossible to find here. My darling daughter, thanks to the early influence of her good buddy Conner and his brothers, is far more interested in boys' action figures than she is in Barbies and Polly Pockets. But sheesh, as little as those things are, you would think they could make lots more of them at one time!!!

Miss you guys! xoxoxo Julie

AJ said...

k- the plant- WOW- need an update...is it still alive? it's been a few weeks- let's see....
2nd, no having fun shopping with out me.
3rd- i will send more of your fave candy!! ;)